The Account Clerk applies standardized account practices in maintaining and reviewing financial accounts and records as outlined in the CoveCare Accounting Policies and Procedure Manual.
- Checks arithmetical accuracy of invoices;
- Ensures valid expense for agency and codes accordingly;
- Prepares journal entries as directed;
- Prepares analytical spreadsheets;
- Prepares bank reconciliation.
- Files invoices and remittances;
- Acts as back-up for accounting staff
- Attends staff development training seminars on current practices as directed by the Senior Accountant
- Undertakes related duties as assigned.
The Account Clerk reports directly to the Senior Accountant and works collaboratively with other staff as required.
High School Diploma and at least two years of billing or general ledger experience is preferred. Working knowledge of Microsoft office and proficiency in excel spreadsheets required.
This is a full-time office position.