This administrative position involves a variety of tasks required for the smooth operation of the agency including answering telephones, reception duties, filing, typing, scanning, scheduling, and organizing charts, forms, and medical records within the electronic health record.
• Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments, and notifies M.D.’s of medication requests
• Greets persons entering agency, determine nature and purpose of visit, along with completing Covid screenings as necessary
• Appointment confirmations with clients via email, phone, and text
• Notifies M.D.’s and clinicians when clients have arrived for their appointments
• Receive payments and records receipts for services
• Provides forms to clients and answers questions for completing them
• Schedules appointments and copies insurance identification and photo ID as required, including checkout, subsequent appointments and scheduling
• Sorts and maintains faxed documents as needed
• Operates various office machines and maintains office machines’ paper supply and general inventory
• Attends staff development training seminars on current practices as directed by management
• Assist program staff with authorizations for insurance and medications
• Responsible for organization of medical records, both paper and electronic
• Attendance monitoring and entry into the EHR
• Scanning and uploading client records for program staff
• Assist clients in using office technology for telehealth sessions
• Oversee Covid cleaning regulations (i.e. using sanitizing spray in rooms, refilling hand sanitizer stations)
• Responsible for daily opening and shut down of the building
• Adhering to HIPAA Guidelines
• Undertakes related duties as assigned in all administrative positions
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Office Manager and works collaboratively with other staff as required.
High School Diploma with at least one-year clerical experience. Good communication skills necessary. Working knowledge of Microsoft office, and excel spreadsheets preferred.
Ability to apply common sense and understanding in order to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problem solving several concrete variables in
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm.