The Childcare Worker works in partnership with the program team and clients to provide safe, therapeutic childcare in order to help ensure that the clients are able to attend weekly program groups.
- Reviews rules of expectations, respect & thoughtfulness, and confidentiality.
- Works together with co-Childcare Worker when there are more than three (3) children.
- Signs in kids upon parents’ arrival for group
- Arranges age appropriate activities, i.e. crafts, reading, homework, board games, videos.
- Ensures children’s safety by being aware of surroundings & not allowing children out of sight.
- Escorts children to restroom as needed
- Oversees snack time for children, ensuring snacks are age appropriate
- Provides feedback to parents/guardians upon pickup after group ends;
- Reports any incidents or concerning vents to supervisor immediately or prior to leaving;
In addition, the below responsibilities may be required of the position:
- Participates in interdisciplinary team rounds and conferences as needed;
- Attends workshops, conferences and staff development training seminars on current practices as directed by the Chief Executive Officer or supervisor to acquire continuing education in the appropriate field; implements what has been learned;
- Maintains cooperative relationships with all referents and community resources
- Undertakes related duties as assigned;
The Childcare Worker reports directly to the Program Coordinator or designee for supervision and collaborates with other staff.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb two step ladder, use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
High School diploma/GED; AA/AS (or working towards) in early child development or education desired. Experience working with children in daycare or school setting also required.