The Director of Development is responsible for representing CoveCare Center in the community and to potential donors through public relations and community outreach as well as media relations, communications and social media. He/she is also responsible for raising funds in support of the Agency’s mission through grant writing, fundraising special events, annual giving and other contributory campaigns.
- Develops/monitors the Agency development/marketing plan with the Chief Executive Officer;
- Directs Development Department staff resources and volunteers as required;
- Demonstrates the highest professional standards when representing the agency to the public and to partner organizations;
- Acts as an Agency representative at public speaking engagements and events in order to enhance community, donor and partner relationships as well as cultivate new donors
- Develops on-going content development strategies to promote the agency, its services and its mission;
- Assures that the Agency is actively and positively represented in the media;
- Manages all social media platforms including, but not limited to, Agency webpage, Facebook and Twitter;
- Researches grant opportunities and writes grants that contribute to the growth and expansion of services;
- Supervises all planning and support activity for fund-raising events in collaboration with the Board of Directors, the Board Fundraising Committee and the Advisory Council;
- Develops marketing, public relations and fund-raising material, and oversees its design, printing and distribution;
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of comprehensive, up-to-date community mailing lists and donor databases;
- Attends Board Meetings and serves as staff for designated Board committees as directed by the Chief Executive Officer including a co-leadership role on the Board Fundraising Committee;
- Ensures positive relationships with all Board and Advisory Council members;
- Attends community events, workshops, conferences and staff development training seminars as directed by the Chief Executive Officer or supervisor to acquire continuing education in the appropriate fields; implements what has been learned;
- Maintains cooperative relationships with all referents and community resources
- Undertakes related duties as assigned;
The Director of Development reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and acts collaboratively with other staff.
At least four years’ experience in development/public relations activities. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong personal engagement skills. Expertise with word processing, database and spreadsheet management. Understanding of at least basic graphics concepts and applications preferred. Supervisory experience is required. Graduate degree in relevant field preferred.
It is expected that the Director of Development will be able to perform the required duties with minimal supervision and will consistently use good judgment as he/she represents the Agency throughout the community.