The Health Home Care Manager is responsible for coordinating services and supports for children under the age of 21 with severe emotional disorders and/or other qualifying disorders in order to help maintain them successfully in the community.
• Meets productivity standards
• Assesses client’s success and satisfaction in the environments of living, learning, working and socialization;
• Implements and coordinates the service plan in conjunction with the client and involved supports;
• Advocates for and assists clients in gaining access to entitlements and benefits, health and human services, including preparation and coordination of applications;
• Assumes full responsibility for caseload of individuals including all charting and paperwork responsibilities associated with cases;
• Responsible for crisis coverage of caseload when indicated;
• Provides outreach in the community via home visits to engage clients and link to services;
• Identifies and advocates for improvements in the services that our clients receive;
• Participates in care coordination and other inter-disciplinary team meetings for case reviews, exchange of information and supervision;
• Compiles, reports and maintains records in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with appropriate requirements;
In addition, the below responsibilities may be required of the position:
• Assists with agency and after hours crisis intervention and assessment;
• Attends workshops, conferences and staff development training seminars on current practices as directed by the Chief Executive Officer or supervisor to acquire continuing education in the appropriate field; implements what has been learned;
• Maintains cooperative relationships with all referents and community resources
• Undertakes related duties as assigned.
The Health Home Care Manager reports directly to the Program Director, Program Coordinator, or Supervisor as assigned and works collaboratively with other staff.
A Bachelor’s degree in human services and at least two years experience in provision of direct services to the population, or an MSW or MA in human services plus one year experience as above. Field practicum(s) serving this population may be substituted for above experience. Must have basic computer literacy and excellent verbal and written skills. Valid and insurable driver’s license required and use of own car.