The Office Manager acts independently, performing and supervising complex support operations that assure the smooth functioning of facilities, front office and satellite clinics. This work calls for the frequent use of independent judgment regarding agency policy and procedures and attention to detail.
• Prioritizes workflow and directs activities of the front office staff;
• Assigns work to and supervises the support staff and maintains uninterrupted coverage, including back-up of the reception desk. CoveCare Center’s hours are Monday-Thursday 8:30am-8:30pm, Friday 8:30am-5:30pm and Saturday 8:30am-2:30pm;
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite, EHR systems, internet fluency including knowledge of using office equipment and tools (e.g. scanners, fax and copy machines);
• Provides administrative support for the clinical staff; including EHR training.
• Responsibility for scheduling of all physicians and clinician appointments to minimize effect of no show/cancellations.
• Collaboration with the Vice President of Behavioral Health for new policies to maintain efficient scheduling;
• Reviews support office procedures and modifies/changes as necessary, complete knowledge of all agency programs, referrals and intake registration process
• Reviews daily cash receipts reconciliation;
• Responsible for maintaining open/closed charts, according to regulations and for requests for medical records;
• Insures patient accounts demographics and insurance information are up to date & preparing the daily schedules for front desk to facilitate co-pay, coinsurance, deductible and self-pay collections; Performs eligibility reviews according to upcoming appointments;
• HIPAA oversight, maintaining client confidentiality;
• Maintains, waiting areas and agency bulletin boards and group room schedules and office equipment;
• Communicates agency closings to clients and staff;
• Assists the Program Directors in developing policies and procedures for assignment of clients to the appropriately credentialed clinical staff;
• Reviews support office procedures and modifies/changes as necessary;
• Attends staff development training seminars on current practices as directed by the Chief Financial Officer;
• Undertakes related duties as assigned.
The Office Manager reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and works collaboratively with other staff as required.
BA/BS preferred and at least five years of office management, billing and collection experience is a plus. Computer proficiency is also required. Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with cross functional departments, co-workers and clients. It is expected that the Office Manager will be able to perform the required duties with minimal supervision and will consistently use good judgment.