The Parent Partner is responsible for providing in-home parenting skills training to families at risk of having their children placed in foster care due to issues such as physical abuse, sexual abuse, neglect, domestic violence, or substance use. Families are referred from the Department of Social Services. The Parent Partner works with families to improve parenting skills, increase self-sufficiency, and connect with resources in the community.
- Provide parent education;
- Suggest toys, books, and activities;
- Model parent/child interactions;
- Model discipline techniques such as time out/distractions;
- Document parent/child interactions;
- Provide general health information per training;
- Provide information on nutrition and food preparation;
- Provide child safety information;
- Provide information and referrals;
- Teach use of calendar and/or appointment book;
- Teach home management/housekeeping skills;
- Provide information and support on money management/budgeting;
- Supervise the interaction between the parent(s) and their child(ren) for Supervised Visits
- Meets productivity standards;
- Maintains records in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with regulations
- Attends workshops, conferences and staff development training seminars on current practices as directed by the Chief Executive Officer or supervisor to acquire continuing education in the appropriate field; implements what has been learned;
- Maintains cooperative relationships with all referents and community resources
- Undertakes related duties as assigned
The Parent Partner reports directly to the Program Director or designee and works collaboratively with other staff as required.
Must have experience working with children and have a high school diploma or GED. Experience as a caregiver preferred. This position requires the candidate be bilingual Spanish. Upon hiring, must complete the System Training for Effective Parenting (STEP) class. Must have basic computer literacy and excellent verbal and written skills. Valid driver’s license, insurability through agency’s insurance and use of own car required. Must be able to travel in the community and access clients in their own homes.
Ability to apply common sense and understanding in order to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problem solving several concrete variables in standardized situations
CoveCare Center offers a comprehensive benefits package for all full-time employees! Our benefits include excellent paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life, short term, and long-term disability insurance along with a 401(k) plan with an employer match. All benefits start 1st of the month following 30 days of employment.
Job Type: PT
Salary: $18.00 – $18.50 per hour