The Social Worker shall use psychotherapeutic skills in the provision of clinical and case management services to people with mental illness and other co-occurring disorders, and shall establish and maintain contact with professionals and family advocates in the community for the purpose of maximizing services for clients. This is a PART-TIME (14 hours per week) position working in our satellite office at CareMount.
- Provides individual, group, marital, family therapy and case management on site, at satellite sites, in the field or in the home;
- Provides the intake and screening of new applicants and participates in clinical review/case disposition meetings where treatment recommendations are formulated;
- Participates in interdisciplinary team conferences within agency when indicated;
- Provides crisis intervention and makes recommendations for treatment and referral;
- Provides consultation and advocacy for individuals in inpatient, residential and independent living situations, including on-site visits and discharge meetings;
- Maintains records in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with appropriate regulations;
- Collects and synthesizes data to assess an individual’s needs;
- Maintains information on community resources;
- Determines the need for other treatment modalities and refers applicants to ancillary services;
- Meets productivity standards;
- Assists with program and agency crises;
- Flexibility to adjust to the needs of the individual and other family members, including community visits when indicated;
- Assesses, in person and by telephone, individuals who are in crisis and decides whether he/she should be referred to outpatient mental health or chemical dependency services or to inpatient care;
- Facilitates hospitalization and collaborates with inpatient staff regarding treatment and discharge planning;
In addition, the below responsibilities may be required of the position:
- Participates in Tier 1 – CCSI meetings and other collaborative planning efforts with family advocates;
- Attends workshops, conferences and staff development training seminars on current practices as directed by the Program Supervisor to acquire continuing education in the appropriate field; implements what has been learned;
- Maintains cooperative relationships with all referents and community resources
- Undertakes related duties as assigned;
Social Workers report directly to the Department Supervisor for clinical supervision and collaborate with other staff.
Master’s degree in social work from an accredited university along with NYS licensure and LCSW required. “R” designation preferred. At least one year of experience in a community based mental health/chemical dependency facility needed. Preference given to candidates who are bilingual Spanish and experienced with child and family in addition to adult populations. A thorough knowledge of diagnostic and therapeutic techniques used in mental health and the factors that contribute to personality development, and a thorough knowledge of the social factors affecting mental health are required. Must have basic computer literacy and excellent verbal and written skills. Valid driver’s license required.