No Overnights/No Weekends/Behavioral Health
The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing skilled nursing care that will aid in the prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation process for individuals with mental illness/chemical dependency issues.
- Assesses and identifies nursing care needs and prepares and carries out a nursing care plan as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team in numerous departments.
- Provides the intake and screening of new applicants and participates in clinical review/case disposition meetings where treatment recommendations are formulated.
- Monitors psychiatric medications and lab work and works closely with presenting psychiatrist/NP to ensure medication compliance.
- Provides health screening and assessment to clients and monitors key health indicators.
- Administers injections.
- Assist in the induction of medication-assisted treatment, which may include monitoring vitals, client observation, and follow-up.
- Provides individual, group, marital, family, and milieu therapy as appropriate.
- Coordinates and acts as a liaison with other community service providers.
- Refers to other agencies and/or service levels to address various needs.
- Assists in community mental health education, consultation, and public relations activities.
- Assures that all requisite documentation/charting is completed accurately and timely in accordance with appropriate regulations.
- Teaches clients in individual and group sessions types of medication, uses, and side effects.
- Attends staff development training seminars on current practices as directed by the Executive Director.
- Undertakes related duties as assigned.
The Registered Nurse reports directly to the Vice President of Programs or Program Director and collaborates with the Medical Director and other staff. The Registered Nurse has discretion for exercising independent, professional judgment in carrying out the details of the job.
Completion of an accredited course of training for nurses, an NYS RN License, and at least one year of nursing experience in public health, mental health, or psychiatric nursing in a position requiring the provision of direct service to clients in the community. Chemical dependency experience is also desired.
Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problem-solving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CoveCare Center offers a comprehensive benefits package for all full-time employees! Our benefits include excellent paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life, short term, and long-term disability insurance along with a 401(k) plan with an employer match. All benefits start 1st of the month following 30 days of employment.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Job Type: FT
Salary: $35-$42 per hour