The Team Leader within the Substance Use Treatment program is responsible for providing individual and team services for clients seeking admission for treatment. The Team Leader may also provide guidance and program oversight in accordance with NYS O.A.S.A.S. requirements.
- Provides intake and screening of new applicants and participates in review/case disposition meetings where treatment recommendations are formulated;
- Provides individual, group, and family counseling and discharge planning as appropriately required;
- Prepares treatment plans and treatment plan and quarterly reviews within designated time frames and in accordance with clients’ needs;
- Compiles, reports and maintains records in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with regulations;
- Participates in weekly staff meetings/case conferences;
- Prepares monthly statistics;
- Provides crisis coverage for program and agency;
- Provides coverage for clients in the event of staff vacations/vacancies, etc.
- Provides information and referral to community members and other agencies requesting assistance/information;
- Maintains targeted units of service as projected in NYS OASAS work scope;
In addition, the below responsibilities may be required of the position:
- Provides program oversight in absence of director
- Provides guidance and training to substance abuse counselors in intake and screening procedures, case conferences, development of treatment plans, quarterly reviews and group counseling sessions;
- Provides outreach to the community
- Provides community education regarding chemical dependency
- Participates in collaborative community efforts
- Attends workshops, conferences and staff development training seminars on current practices as directed by the Chief Executive Officer or supervisor to acquire continuing education in the appropriate field; implements what has been learned;
- Maintains cooperative relationships with all referents and community resources
- Undertakes related duties as assigned;
The Team Leader reports directly to the Program Director or designee and collaborates with other staff.
NYS LCSW or qualified health professional (QHP) required. Three years’ experience in a community based mental health/substance use treatment facility. Must have basic computer literacy and excellent verbal and written skills.
*QHP includes Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC), Credentialed Problem Gambling Counselor, Certified Teacher, Certified Health Educator, Certified School Counselor, Certified Rehabilitation Counselor, Licensed Master Social Worker, Licensed Clinical social Worker, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Licensed marriage and Family therapist, Registered Professional Nurse, Licensed Physician, Licensed Creative Arts Therapist and National Board Certified Counselor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb two step ladder, use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.