The Corporate Compliance Officer serves the Agency in all compliance activities, including, but not limited to, managing all privacy and compliance related policies and procedures, preparing reports, auditing and investigating related issues and reviewing monthly reports from department managers.
- Manage all privacy related projects;
- Develop all privacy and compliance related policies and procedures;
- Prepare quarterly compliance reports for the Board of Directors;
- Design and implement compliance and privacy related training as is appropriate;
- Serve as subject-matter expert to all staff;
- Conducts audits and investigations on all compliance and privacy related issues;
- Manage the complaint hotline process;
- Manage new employee compliance orientation;
- Assist in the resolution efforts of all compliance related issues;
- Chair the agency’s monthly compliance committee meeting; prepare the agenda, collects departmental reports, and maintains documentation on the compliance program;
- Monitor and supervise the monthly submission of the departmental Accuracy Rates Reports and ensure the integrity of the monthly chart review process;
- Keep current and up-to-date on changes to NYS and Federal regulatory matters;
- Interpret regulations and laws and disseminate information as appropriate
- Attends workshops, conferences and staff development training seminars on current practices as directed by the Chief Executive Officer or supervisor to acquire continuing education in the appropriate field; implements what has been learned;
- Maintains cooperative relationships with all referents and community resources
- Undertakes related duties as assigned.
The Corporate Compliance Officer reports directly to the CEO or his/her designee and acts collaboratively with other staff.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field; Master’s degree preferred. 5+ years’ compliance/regulatory experience, healthcare industry preferred; Strong ethics, analytical and investigatory skills with teaching capabilities a must; Excellent verbal and written skills; Must be computer proficient.
Ability to apply common sense and understanding in order to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problem solving several concrete variables in standardized situations
CoveCare Center offers a comprehensive benefits package for all full-time employees! Our benefits include excellent paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life, short term, and long-term disability insurance along with a 401(k) plan with an employer match. All benefits start 1st of the month following 30 days of employment.
Job Type: PT, 10-15 hours per week
Salary: $33 to $38 per hour