At CoveCare Center, we believe that substance use disorder is a treatable disease that can be managed so that individuals can live productive and satisfying lives. We provide individual, group and family counseling to people experiencing life problems related to substance use or dependence, and to family members affected by a loved one’s addiction.
We provide a safe place for individuals to learn about their relationship with drugs and alcohol, and to build a framework for ongoing recovery.
Our caring staff will help you identify your needs and goals, and work with you to create a customized recovery plan. You can choose from the following:
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT). MAT is the use of medications for the treatment of substance use disorders. This type of treatment, in combination with counseling and behavioral therapies, provides a whole person approach that can successfully allow those struggling with addiction obtain and sustain recovery. MAT includes buprenorphine for the treatment of opioid abuse. Our trained staff will support the induction and maintenance of MAT and tailor the treatment to best meet the needs of the client.
- Individual and family counseling. These sessions provide an important foundation for successful recovery.
- Groups. We offer groups tailored for women, men, people with mental health conditions, and those who have received DWIs. Other groups focus on relapse prevention, medication management, health and wellness, and more.
- Evaluations and Medications. Our board-certified psychiatrists offer evaluations and will prescribe medication as needed, including treatment for opioid use.
Additional Services at CoveCare Center and Beyond
Substance use problems often develop within the context of other issues, especially mental health conditions. As part of your recovery plan, you’ll have access to resources throughout CoveCare Center, including:
- Mental Health Services if you need additional counseling.
- Personalized Recovery-Oriented Services for people engaged in rehabilitation (PROSper), which offers comprehensive support for people with serious mental health conditions.
- Care Management Services, which can help connect you to needed resources, benefits and housing.
- Registered Opioid Overdose Prevention Program, which allows us to distribute Narcan and train groups on the proper use of Narcan to prevent opioid overdoses.
Based on your needs and goals, we can also connect you with resources available through our many community partnerships.
CoveCare Center’s Substance Use Treatment and Prevention program is fully licensed by the NYS Office of Addiction Services and Supports (OASAS).