The Family Support Navigator shall be assigned to work in the Family Support Navigator program. The Family Support Navigator is directly responsible for meeting with individuals and families in their homes or places of their choice in the community. Additionally, the Navigators will also have a presence in various community settings during the week to be a resource for the community. The expected outcome will be for Family Support Navigators to provide information about resources to help individuals and families connect with substance use treatment facilities, in-patient settings, community-based organizations, self-help and support groups, and managed care organizations so that the appropriate level and culture of care is provided.
The Family Support Navigator may receive calls directly from families and individuals during work hours or may be assigned to follow-up from calls that come into the Family Support Navigator message line; such calls will be dispatched by the Resource Manager and assigned to the Family Navigators based on geography. The Resource Manager will act as task supervisor to the Family Navigators.
- Meets with individuals and families in their homes or places in the community of their choice;
- Flexible schedules, including some nights and/or weekends as needed by the individuals and families;
- Presence in various community settings during the week to be a resource for the community;
- Disseminates information about substance use treatment resources;
- Attends weekly team meetings as planned;
- Ability to work with people of all ages, ethnicities and cultures;
- Assures that all requisite documentation/statistics/reports are completed in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with grant guidelines;
- Participates and collaborates with other CoveCare Center staff during meetings and supervision
- Attends workshops, conferences and staff development training seminars on current practices as directed by the Chief Executive Officer or supervisor to acquire continuing education in the appropriate field; implements what has been learned;
- Maintains cooperative relationships with all referents and community resources
- Undertakes related duties as assigned
The Family Support Navigator reports directly to the Substance Use Program Director or designee, and to the Resource Manager who acts as a task supervisor, and works collaboratively with other staff and the other Family Support Navigators.
HS diploma or G.E.D. required, prior working experience or degree in the field preferred. Working knowledge of substance use disorders and treatment, recovery and resources, as well as human behavior, socio-economic problems and development, and knowledge of the progression of addiction and the impact it has on families is required. Must have basic computer literacy and excellent verbal and written skills. Preference will be given to individuals who have lived-experience of substance use first-hand, either through their own usage, or through that of a family member. Position requires the ability to travel and use of own car.
Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problem-solving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CoveCare Center offers a comprehensive benefits package for all full-time employees! Our benefits include excellent paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life, short term, and long-term disability insurance along with a 401(k) plan with an employer match. All benefits start 1st of the month following 30 days of employment.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Job Type: FT
Salary: $17.99- $18.00 per hour